[TechAssist] Which BACKUP Software to Use?

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:40:51 -0700

I am trying to make an image of the HD of several computers (Not
networked). And then incrementally add new or modified data to
the image. These standalone computers have Windows 2000 Pro and
XP Pro. One image on a second drive of each computer.

Anyone know of a very reliable program that will do both the
image (clone - used for emergency recovery) and automatically
backup to the image? Most recommend Ghost. I have Ghost 2002 and
find it difficult to understand the menu options (another
language).

Drive Image is very user friendly (don't know if it has
incremental backup), but has too many complaints in the user
reviews on download.com.

I also have Ghost Corporate 7.0 - reluctant to try it after
playing with Ghost 2002.

Bil

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html