[TechAssist] Viewsonic Monitor G90f - Resolution Problems

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:28:33 -0500

Viewsonic Monitor - model VCDTS21873-1M
G90F

Not sure what's going on with this monitor? At low resolution (800X600
or 1024X768) screen is pretty much normal, no distortion pattern.
However at resolutions any higher a slight translucent distortion
appears on either side of any and all vertical lines on the screen.
Also, the higher the resolution change, the more apparent this
distortion becomes. It's like a small translucent ripple, sort of like a
wave on either side of vertical lines on the screen. I suspect something
in the power supply causing this problem (when the monitor is set at
these higher resolutions). The effect is the same regardless of which
computer the monitor is hooked up to. Has anyone seen this kind of
problem before? I don't even know where to start looking for this
problem; any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David Lessard

Alexandria Electronics
50 Harrison Street
Alexandria, Ontario
K0C-1A0

mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx

be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, click:
mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe%20chat