[TechAssist] Update:Sony KPR41EXR95 Dead

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:15:21 -0500

Make : Sony
Model : KPR41EXR95
Problem : Originally was dead...no relay click.  Pulled power supply board &
found Q603 & D605 shorted.  Replace both of those AND Q614 for good measure.
Resoldered many cracked solder connections on this board AND HV/Sweep
module.

Now we have power and HV ( I can hear it come up)...but all we get is a
little vertical squiggly line in bottom of each CRT.  We have only left it
on for a brief second to prevent a burn.

I pulled the boards again & double checked for solder bridges & missing
connectors....we didn't miss a thing.

Maybe this problem is what caused the failure in the first place?  Any idea
on what may cause this?

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beechtree Lane