[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba projection model TW56F80

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 09:19:40 -0800 (PST)

Mike; I don't have a fix for you, but a tip about
turning up the screens.
That can be dangerous (according to Toshiba tech
support).
Where you can have a problem, is if you turn the
set off with the screen control(s) advanced, or un
plug it, or if the power should fail.
Bingo, instant burned CRT's.
Hope you find a answer, I had one 5 hours out of
the box with the same symptoms.(yea, I turned the
screen up to check also, just wanted everyone to
understand the danger)
Didn't get to work on it though. The store owner
called our distributor and got an RA.
Walter
--- Ttkirkpat@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Good morning all. This unit has no audio/video on
> either tuner or external
> inputs. In addition there  is no on screen
> display for menu, etc.. All B+
> check normal, turning up screens allows you to
> see blank raster- suggestions
> please. Thanks Mike Video Center
> ttkirkpat@xxxxxxx
> SUBJECT field to the address above.