[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba TZ50V61..HV too high?

  • From: Jeff Dougherty <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:33:37 -0400

Gary,
I don't have anything for you on that problem, but you may want to check this
while you're in the set, From Tech Repair CD:
Toshiba\TZ50V51\After warm (maybe hours or days) units picture starts to break
up at the top\with black streaks that distort the picture\Shut off for 10
minutes and may work for hours again.\Projo\Circuit board # PB8758 (Vertically
mounted signal processing pcb in right rear of unit\R432(910-2w) is too close
to C431 (100/16v)causing cap to fail prematurely\Replace both keeping resistor
away from cap.\\\\\\
--
Jeff

Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
Fax: 717 564  495 2
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:56:32 -0500, Valley TV,
 valleytv@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi guys!
>

> Customer called with Toshiba TZ50V61 with only front red light
> blinking.  I immediately thought "this will be easy" and made sure
> that I had the 2 STK's for convergence and an audio out chip with
> me (in case).  I was surprised to find a hv arc coming from the
> anode cap of the green crt instead!  I removed the cap, cleaned the
> area, installed a new cap and sealed it.  Great pix!  Thought this
> was certainly better than replacing the STK's!
> Three days later the customer called and said the set was arcing
> again.   I went back with a new green crt assembly even though I
> was sure that I had done a good "seal" job.
> Surprise.. The HV divider assembly had cracked open on the side and
> hv was arcing everywhere.  I thought this was really too much of a
> coincidence so I ran out to the truck for the hv probe.  Of course
> it had been a LONG time since I used the probe in my truck and was
> not happy to see that it only measured up to 30KV.  Well, it pegged
> the probe but I know that the hv in this set would be 35kv with
> nothing connected to the crts.
> I ordered the divider and it arrived Friday night but I was
> wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this before I return.
>

> TIA
>

> Gary
> Valley TV- Berwick, Pa office

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!