[TechAssist] Toshiba TV, M#:CZ27V51, C#:TAC9911, Power problem.

  • From: "matt sherer" <m.sheer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 23:04:03 -0500

Toshiba TV
Model: CZ27V51
Chassis: TAC9911
Unit came in dead.  faint squealing noise coming from power supply area.
Checked almost every semi and cap in the PS and all ok.  QB30 in the power
on circuit should have 4.9v on base and was at 1.4v.  This voltage comes
from pin 7 of QA01(TMPA8700CPN) which also read 1.4v.  I lifted the pin and
the set fired up.  Stays on and none of the Pon/Poff functions work.  I
replaced the chip and same problem.  I also checked the rest of the
transistors and diodes in that associated circuit.  Any help appreciated.  I
do have the print but stumped.
Gear Guy
Electronic repair
A/V systems design, maintenance and installation
AMX programming
Matt Sherer, CET
1411 Honeysuckle Lane
Champaign, IL 61821