[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba MW24FN1R TV/vcr.dvd combo.dead blown F1701

  • From: "Jerome Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 21:07:32 -0400

Recently repaired two of those. One had a lot of damaged parts in the power
supply and after replacing those I could find, the SMPS started working, but
with full output and it popped a filter cap in the deflection circuit and
shorted a 33 volt protective zener in the deflection circuit. Turned out
that a tiny cylindrical 470 ohm resistor on the bottom side of the power
section near the optoisolator was open.
Second one came in with SMPS output too high, but it did not damage the cap
or zener. The same resistor was open and the opto was defective. Nothing
else.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC 29609