[TechAssist] Toshiba M#32A42, no G2 voltage, intermittent

  • From: "John @ Myers TV" <myers_tv_b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:52:36 -0400

Hi,

This set came in with no Picture. The B+ voltage was 0V.
In testing, I unplugged the G2 from the CRT board, checked it, and
re-attached it. Now I have G2, and the picture is fine.

Ordinarily, I'd just change the CRT socket, and be done with it, but this
customer has been calling every day. Just to cover my backside, I'm thinking
about quoting on changing the IHVT as well.

Here's the problem. There are two different flybacks for this set, depending
on the number on the part, neither of which matches the number on this
flyback.

The number on the part is TFB4172AH.

The type number in the descriptions in the parts list are TFB4172AD, &
TFB4172ZD

Does anyone have an in with Toshiba, to see which flyback I need to use?

Thanks,

John Myers
Myers TV Service Company
376 E. State St.