[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba CX2788J/TAC8941 Dead

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:05:56 -0500

Dave;
Dead set?
Replace the following.

Q802-Regulator IC (Watch your configuration on some replacement pins
will be formed opposite to original). And since it is not Heat sink
mounted, easy to reverse. (trust me on this..I have been there..(ONCE).
R820..68 ohms
C841..22/50
C822..100/16
C840..for Relay drive.

And of course...Change C308 inside Vertical O/P heat sink. Always change
this, even if you are not having Vertical problems, unless you need the
follow-up work.

Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada

Servicing the Consumer Electronic Industry since 1963

teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx