[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba CF3566A, TAC9190 intermit. instant shut down

  • From: Jeff Dougherty <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:10:38 -0400

Phil,
>From Tech Repair CD:
TOSHIBA\CF3566A\Intermittently Shuts Off Or Won'T Turn On\\\TAC9190\Replace
C863(47/160v) - C871(22/50v)\\\\\\\\
--
Jeff

Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
Fax: 717 564  495 2
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:11:44 -0400, Philip Bader,
 tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Customer said once it came on, it worked all day OK. Problem is at
> turn on.Push power, hear the click and HV crackle,then instantly
> shuts down.Had to unplug awhile,then plug in,try again, may work
> OK. The incidence of shut down got worse over time,til mostly dead.
> It's heeeeeere! And it's working. Hate intermittants. I heated the
> chassis boards, flexed,shook, ran it.
> I need some histories on this model for this. Looks like three
> seperate large boards, a flyback has a seperate HV block between it
> and CRT. Where's X ray pin for starters(about 9 months ago another
> shop repl. HOT and two lytics). Phil Bader

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org