[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 50A61 Projection TV

  • From: George Johnson <geojohn49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:38:00 -0800 (PST)

Ian,
  Don't know how long you have been in the business,
but a little advice from this old geezer is to ask for
a $100.00-$200.00 deposit to go on the service call.
Usually there is silence on the other end of the
phone, and then they either hang up, or else they
agree. If they don't agree, you still have another
option. Call the customer and tell them you need a
deposit which will be returned to them when you are
payed. On the plus side, Toshiba has a lot of free
service advice on their web site. Good luck.

               George Johnson
               Johnson TV
               570-427-4637 Voice & Fax
--- Ian Scott <service.depot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello! I have received a service call from an
> extended warranty company asking me to go out of
> town to do a service call on this set.  I am not
> authorized Toshiba, and wonder if I should be giving
> this call to an authorized depot.
>
> The complaint is; unit makes a snapping sound,
> picture goes black then comes back on.  Sounds to me
> like arcing in one of the crt's. Just wondering if
> anyone has worked on similar problem in this model?
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Ian Scott
> Service Depot
> 705-566-3557