[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 27", TAC8949 chassis, model CX29679, weird problems

  • From: "peter kowalik" <pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:52:50 -0400

Kevin As was mentioned in other replies could be the CPU, could be TAC
switches and another thing that it could be is bad .01 mfd disc caps on data
lines to the CPU. Check them for small cracks where the legs of the cap
enter the disc. For what they cost it's almost easier and less expensive
just to change them on an older unit if you are having CPU type issues. you
may experience problems with these discs because of age, because of
corrosion due to liquids which have dropped from the band around the tube(
Windex, milk, pop slobber, etc) or because the disc body has cracks in it,
from moving them out of the way (bend back and forth). These disc are
humidity sensitive and their properties will change with humidity if their
bodies have lost their integrity (i.e. seal-cracks). Just my little offer
that may help.  peter Kowalik  pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx  Keith's Stereo   Burl