[TechAssist] Re: Thunderstorm Season

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 02:05:28 -0700

Don't the transformer based TV's have the transformer open up before the
rest of the set gets damaged by lightning?  Or at the very worst the
bridge rectifier shorts out?  Whereas the SMPS may have 10-15 parts that
fail.  And if you miss one part (like in the famous Sony TV P/S with the
Q601/2, and VDR) the P/S blows up again?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx