[TechAssist] Re: Technics RS-TR373

  • From: "G. Larkman" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:22:45 -0700

Ty,
Your problem is most likely a shorted bypass cap around the pre-amp,-output
or dolby circuits.
Look for a shorted electrolytic cap, usually anywhere from 47uf to 220 uf,
usually 10v to 16 volts, situated most often near the audio process
circuits/IC's.
I have had this happen so many times its not funny.
Of course it could be something else but give this a shot before you start
ordering parts like a maniac.
hth

Glenn Larkman
Audiotech