[TechAssist] Re: [TechAssist-B] Re: billing, creative wording help needed.

  • From: KcNElectronics@xxxxxxx
  • To: repair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 00:04:55 EDT

LESSON # 1.    DEAD SET : open fuse

Replaced current limiter and removed B+ short in power supply  , re soldered
multiple cold solder joints , Bench tested unit .

Lesson # 2.    VCR No pix sound ok  ........Customer says just needs cleaning

Unclogged upper drum assy , cleaned tape path , audio control  and erase ,
tested back tent ion , and alignment ...Bench tested  ,,,,

The difference is $55.00 for the VCR cleaning .....and 85.00  on the open
fuse .....

BTW : I agree put in a hidden problem and if the set goes out  the door and
comes back on a change of mind crap charge again the diagnostic fee  as you
have to take it all apart again ....had that happen way too much cheap
bastards

Kirk C Najarian - Service  director
KCN Electronics
29150 Minton Ave
Livonia Mi 48150-3122
Voice : 313 971 3482
Proud Member of Nesda  since 2000
Proud Member of Tech Assist Group 2004
Proud Member of Parts  link Group 2003

In a message dated 4/8/2005 10:23:21 P.M. Eastern Standard  Time,
c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

UNSOLDER  THE CONNECTION! Don't let this "jerk" take advantage of you!
In fact I  would even go so far as to insert a 'concealed problem' to make
sure that the  customer can't find it and another "tech" would have to charge
more than you  to locate and repair.

If he comes back, just tell him the repair price  just went up.

Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas