[TechAssist] Re: [TechAssist-B] Off-Topic: How Do You Advertise Your Shop?

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <repair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:35:42 -0500

It depends on the nature of the area that you are in. When you have a high
population density and some competition, the Yellow Pages is your best bet.
Also being on a heavily travelled road helps (location, location, location).
We tried all methods of advertising over the years but nothing was effective
for us  but customer, dealer, parts distributor, and manufacturer referral.
We went around to all the big stores and made sure that the customer service
people and the salespeople had a good supply of our business cards with a
location map on the back. When they had a customer with a problem they could
not solve with their resources they referred the customer to us ( to appear
helpful or just to get them off their back, if for no other reason) but we
had to be available by phone at least, evenings and Saturday, while their
customers were still hot.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave