[TechAssist] TV-Toshiba TP50F61-Repl. Conv IC's now no a/v

  • From: "Tech Repair CD support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techsonline" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:51:45 -0400

Originally this set was in shut down, disconnected the conv board, set fired up,
so I replaced the conv chips (STK392-110). I used Hitachi #CZ00431.
Set worked fine, set convergence and all was well when I left.
A call later in the day from customer says set is dead, this time power light
stays on and goes off when power is pressed.
No video, no sound. I really do not see how this can be a related problem.
This is the third time working on this set for these people, first two times
were
customer induced problems, so I really need to get this repaired and cheaply.
Can anyone offer any ideas on this? I do have the troubleshooting shutdown
information from TACP site, but I don't think this is really a shut down
problem.
Thank you.

Jeff

FAX 717-564-4952
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video & Electronics      Be careful of your thoughts.
501 Luther Rd                        They may become your words
Harrisburg, PA 17111                            any moment.
717-909-8844
VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html