[TechAssist] TV Mitsubish VS-502R Convergence

  • From: "Richard \"Wolfe\" Strickland, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CompTIA A+" <wolfe-mcse@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 01:47:30 -0500

Howdy...

I have not had to work with convergence until now, as it seems my TV
suddenly went off.  I have checked, and retightened the screws holding the
silver screen in place, as this is a frontal projection TV which uses a
mirror to reverse the beams of light.

I put the TV into test mode via the onboard controls, and aligned each of
the guns to what appeared to be perfect alignment.  Now when I went back to
a picture, I found the guns were WAY out of alignment.  I decided it would
be best to use a picture to align the guns, but without a service manual, I
am not sure what each of the adjustment screws represent, with the exception
of those label R-V-BOW, and B-V-BOW.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me a site with an excellent
tutorial, or thorough step-by-step of how to perform a convergence alignment
on this model of TV.  I am not seeking perfection, but I would like
something that you cannot spot a gun being off at 20 feet either.

Respectfully,
Wolfe Strickland, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+