[TechAssist] Re: TA1268N, Zenith TV B27A30Z

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:10:19 -0500

Paul,

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on that chip solving your problem.
The usual symptom I find with failure of the TA1268N is very weak video
like extreme low contrast and a b&w pix.

I don't have anything on that model, but remember some Zeniths with
cracked connections where the PIP module connects to the main board, and
a bad cap near the bottom of the board.  It was something like 200ufd @ 4
volts.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services