[TechAssist] Re: TA Technics receiver SA5370(Panasonic)..No right channel sound

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:01:00 -0500

Jeff;
No print..but if it uses the SVI output IC, large IC in the center.
There should be a couple of small transistor mounted to the same heat
sink. These 2 transistors get cracked solder connection, should resolder
both. Normally this will fix the problem. Word of caution...if you
suspect the SVI IC....give a high estimate...these are very expensive,
and my supplier will not give me any warranty on these, once they have
been installed. Go figure...if you did have a bad one...how would you
know without installing.
        But as a rule on these Technics...it's the two small transistors
on that heat sink that give the problem, especially if no fuses are
blown.

-Ed-

Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics