[TechAssist] Re: T/A Sony KV-27S66 shutdown at turnon

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:10:08 -0400

I would definitely suspect the flyback as I have seen them fail. Before I
ordered one, I would suggest looking at the horizontal drive signal at the
collector of the output to see if it is clean and also monitor the B+ as it
tries to start to see if it momentarily gets pulled down. Note: This
waveform may only be there for a brief instant or two.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms