[TechAssist] TA Onkyo TS-SV919THX..No left channel(It's back again...)

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:44:37 -0500

This unit came if for a hum in speakers. This was repaired by replacing many
caps supplying the -/+ 5v
regs.
Took it home, he brought it back for no left channel.
Found ring crack on volume control.repaired, had it all hooked up when he got
here so he could check it
out..took it home and no left channel...AGAIN.
So, it's back now..Does anyone have suggestion before I rip this apart again? I
damaged the ribbon cable
from the front control..that I had to repair from taking this apart so many
times.
I did find I have audio signal from the PCB with  the volume control on all
channels.
I do not have any signal getting to the output transistor for the left channel.
This thing is become a
pain as there are no markings on the printed side of this board. I do have a
partial schematic thanks to
Mr. Larkman.
Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated..
Thank you.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St