[TechAssist] Symphonic VCR SL2940

  • From: "Shaun" <ssroark@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:42:36 -0700

This unit will take the tape in and load it to the head everything seem fine
but then it will bring the tape back to the tape box then shut off. The only
thing I have noticed it the red light for "tape in" will start blinking and
will do this until I push the power button at which time the tape will eject
itself. I have scoped the sensor for the idler  and when the tape is first
inserted it has 5 volts on it but as soon as the red light starts blinking
the voltage drops below 1 volt and will stay that way until I unplug the vcr
from 110 ac. The 5 volt comes out of the micro and I have no print on this
one so any help would be great.

Shaun
Advanced Electronics
Fort Morgan, CO 80701