[TechAssist] Sylvania-RSJ450-Ch#PTV325-high voltage comes up then shuts right down

  • From: Richard La Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:05:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,
This set starts to come on then shuts right down. The only thing I can detect
is the high voltage coming up then shuts down. I disconnected the wire from the
hv transformer to the splitter just to see if it was similar to the ctc 169 RCA
sets with the shorted splitters and still nothing. I measured the voltage at
the vert output transistors and it starts to come up , then right down. There
are 2 boards at the top . The deflection board has 00705444 printed on it and
the powersupply/highvoltage panel is a APW010SER8.Is there any easy way to find
out which of these boards is the culpret? There are no shorted output
transistors on either board.This thing is in somebody's basement or I would
drag it to my shop but this is not going to happen-just too heavy.I tried
turning RP1 a little both ways just to see if the shutdown circuit was
critical, but still same.Seems odd you can push power button remote again and
same thing. In other words, you don't have to turn it off first like a
  regular
 shut down, then on again. Any help greatly appreciated.

Richard La Placa
Continental TV
312 a Park Row
Chestertown, Md, 21620