[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania mod#SRT2127S-need parts id

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:01:59 -0400

Sounds like a couple of tvs I repaired about a year ago. Had two 100 ohm
resistors in parallel feeding the 8.2 volt zener. There was a shorted 33
volt zener (overvoltage protector) between the resistors and a rectifier
from the SMPS transformer. T/A said that the 8.2 volts was the power for the
video process IC and that it might be damaged too, but it turned out that
all that were needed were the two resistors and the 33 volt zener.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609