[TechAssist] Sony-STR-D311,partial fix,no AM/FM

  • From: <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:33:49 -0300

Customer said unit was bolwing fuse.Too easy,replaced the right finals=2sd2439
& 2sb1588 & fuse.It's up & working great on all inputs but I have no AM/FM,just
hash noise;in fact it won't select the AM band & on the FM is frozen on
87mcs,ie will not tune up/down.I read a post some time ago that this ''may'' be
caused by a bad AM can in the tuner??Anyone been there done that or have a fix
for this?..TIA..
Don of HARTS-TVCR-ASC
9 Robert St,Oromocto,NB,Canada,E2V3N2
Tel-506-357-9785,Fax-506-357-6010