[TechAssist] Re: Sony vcr SLV700HF or SLV-998HF

  • From: "William Koscielniak" <wkoscielniak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:11:32 -0400

I some how missed the answer to this. Can any one help? This inquiry is
specific to the deck used in this SLV-998HF VCR. This is the second in 2
weeks that has the eject problem. I checked for dry lubricant and lubricated
where I felt necessary. When the unit is having a problem ejecting I can
assist the VCR by opening the cassette door. I have tried this several times
and the tape will eject even after 3 or 4 failures to eject the tape.
Nothing looks broken or damaged. If I try to assisting by pushing the lever
that opens the door the operation will fail again. The unit that seemed to
have the same failure mode 2 weeks ago was helped with lubrication.