[TechAssist] Re: Sony VCR SLV-N81 Pinch Roller Assembly

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:49:12 -0500

Is that not one of the models for which Sony offers no parts or manuals and
requires those to be shipped to factory service for flat rate repair?
Seemed to me the chassis were Shintom-made. Shintom doesnt sell in the US
anymore under their name, but some Toshiba vcrs had Shintom-made chassis and
maybe you can find one that is the same and order parts from Toshiba.
We used to know all that stuff in great detail but now vcrs under 3 years
old just get tossed and dont come in for repair so we have lost track of who
makes what.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave