[TechAssist] Sony VCR SLV-688HF Will not take tape in

  • From: "Bill S" <billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:47:23 -0800

Hi all;
This Sony VCR when first plugged in will have the cassette transport move
forward and then back.  The upper drum will spin and then shut down.  The
front display shows normal as the channel number will light up and then the
clock display comes on. ( I assume this is normal for this model)  I have
cooled the power supply section and underneath the chassis as best as I
could and unless the unit is unpowered for a while, the cassette tray will
not move at all.
Any simple ideas or is this worth looking at further?
Thanks
Bill Sorensen
New Life Video & Audio
billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx