[TechAssist] Re: Sony TV KV27TS27 2000 model year

  • From: "Damon" <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:44:54 -0500

There are 3 VDRs in the primary side of the SMPS power supply.....2 look
like green ceramic capacitors, 1 looks like a smaller black ceramic
capacitor.

The green  ones are located >>really near<< the Q601/602 heat sink....they
should stand out once you know what you're looking for....the VDR that kills
the Q602/601 is the green VDR located Closest to the EDGE of the board.

The black one is the least likely to kill it, but if you look at the SMPS
transformer (from the left side of the board, with 601/602 in front of you
and the SMPS xfmr behind 601/602....look on the RIGHT SIDE of the Smps
xfmer) you will find it located really really close to the SMPS transformer.

Now, this test doesn't guarantee that the VDRs are good or bad but....they
should measure "Infinite" ohms when good, anything less is definitely bad.
But infinite ohms can also be bad.....so replace the green ones no matter
what, and if the Black one is infinite ohms....I wouldn't be too concerned.
If you buy a VDR kit...use all the parts.
If you buy them one by one, spend your money on the green ones.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN