[TechAssist] Re: Sony TV KV27EXR25, STRS Running Hot

  • From: "Tech Repair CD support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:46:24 -0400

Bruce,
Also, check the 250v cap on CRT board.
I had the same unit, recently and this cap was real high in ESR.
I didn't notice any changes after replacing this cap...but makes for good
measure.
This is a great set. I own one and it has had some really weird problems that
seemed to clear up on their own.
For instance, there was a crackling coming from the yoke area, I believe and
darks
bands in the video. Before I got a change to pull it, everything cleared up.
I've been told there is no reason you can't use the IC with the suffix "A", but
haven't tried it yet.
Jeff
FAX 717-564-4952
Intrepid Video & Electronics
501 Luther Rd
Harrisburg PA 17111-2055
Be careful of your thoughts.
They may become your words any moment.
Order your tip CD today. Filled with TV, VCR, camcorder tips and more.
Version 3.0, ready, with more tips, user friendly program.
$49.00 for CD, plus first year of tip updates.
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info
www.tech-repair.net www.intrepid-video.com
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com