[TechAssist] Sony SDM-M51 Flat Panel, picture blinks on for one second, then off.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:36:25 -0700

Well I got brave yesterday and took all the boards out of this flat
panel computer monitor, and resoldered all the connections.  Everything
was going great until I put it all back together and found that when the
unit is first turned on I get a picture, and then it goes blank.  If I
hold a flashlight up to the screen I can just see the image.  There
appears to be a problem with the DC-AC converter which supplies HV to
the lights on the top and bottom.

I did resolder the DC-AC converter, and removed the lights from the top
and bottom of the TFT screen--but I can't see anything that I have done
wrong.  Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada