[TechAssist] Sony Projo Model # KP53S25\Sync Problems

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:42:46 -0700

This set was brought in this morning with the complaint that the pix is
not stable.I went ahead and powered on and the pix has vert\horiz
problems and bad color like when you have a pip problem.I checked the
signal bd for cold solders and did not find any.One thing that I did
notice is that if I put pressure on the audio\video bd,the pictures
comes on stable with good color.As soon as I release the pressure on the
bd,it goes bad again.I removed that bd and resoldered some bad solders
and checked for breaks in the foil but I can't find any
breaks.However,it sure sounds like the problem is in this a\v bd.Has
anyone come across this problem on this sony tv? Thanks for all your
help.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ
PS  Maybe I'll remove the bd again in the am and double check for a pc
break .