[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32XBR26 About Zener D1407 (8-719-110-90)

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:32:08 -0400

Thanks for the clarification. It seems the schemos differentiate between
the two terms depending on their function and use in the circuit.
In regulation circuitry where a transistor base is strapped with one of
these diodes, they refer to them as a zener.
When placed across the output source (to ground), and are intended to
short and "give their lives" the technical pub seems to use "avalanche"
as the term of preference, though the terms are admittedly synonymous.
One is for a continuous use, the later seems a "one shot" use.
Just rambling.At days end I still go home to the dog...
Synomonous with "feed me!"
;-)
Phil Bader