[TechAssist] Sony KV32V36

  • From: "Larry Poffen" <lpoffen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:08:03 -0500

Need some advise on this Sony KV32V36.  Set will play normally for 20-30
minutes & then will switch to video1.  Found out if I leave it on & mute the
set, when it switches to video1 the mute comes off, also the OSD seems to
break up, The top half of the writing gets white instead of green.  This
unit then can be reselected to a channel & all is OK again for a short time.
I have disassembled the unit & see no bad solder joints.  The Tuner has been
replaced about a year ago -the 8-598-399-30.   Any ideas would be helpful.
Also could use a print of the set, can`t find in archives to download.
Thanks   Larry

Larrys TV & Computer Service
Broken Arrow OK 74011
phone 918-455-1041