[TechAssist] Sony KV27XBR45 Ch# SCC-H81A-A **Pincushion, pulsing"

  • From: "Valley TV" <valleytv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:12:44 -0500

Hi everyone!
I absolutely had to take a break from this Sony KV27XBR45 before I went crazy..
 Obvious pincushion problem on both sides but it also seems to be pulsing on
the sides.  I carried this little monster down 3 flights of stairs and into my
motel room (on the road again..) and have gotten bleary eyed working on it.  I
replaced L510 (yes, I actually had 1) Q505, IC504, Q503 (pin out) and checked
the solder connections on L509. Absolutely no luck..

I'm starting to think I'm in the Bates Motel tonight!  I have no schematic with
me to help trace the circuit but I did notice the voltage on the collector of
Q503 keeps changing from 3.1v up to 5.9 volts and back  B=.55 E=0 but I have no
idea what is correct.

Any suggestions, PLEASE.

Gary
Valley TV