[TechAssist] Sony KV27V22 had intermit. video,then dead.OK here]

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:47:20 -0400

Customer said for a long time it was intermittantly losing it's
picture,tho the sound stayed.Then it finally lost pix and sound and was
dead.
I find no shorts,HOT,SMPS all seem OK. I did notice the vert output
IC561 had pretty bad ring cracks on all pins.(Not lose but visable rings
around them.) I resoldered it,the H. drive transformer,some ground
stakes at edge, HOT,etc.Powered it up with perfect operation.Shook and
tapped chassis.Has been on now an hour OK.
I should have just ran it to duplicate the symptom,but no,I jumped right
in. Any history of this senereo on this model?
Would the vert iC561's pin solder cause this?
Phil Bader
--
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)