[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-27TS27 video input not working, intermittent snow with hourglass shape

  • From: valleytv@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:55:50 -0800

Kevin:

I had a problem with this model a couple of months ago.
The symptom was: won't switch to video , shows tv video on tv and video
functions. Audio also was distorted. I worked on the video problem for several
days and was not getting anywhere. Should have replaced the SBX1637-11
module first. When I replace the MPS module it also cleared up the
video switching problem. The only explanation I have is that the audio
module must have been shorted and dragged down supply voltage possibly also
used for video switching

Ernie Niessen
Valley TV & Stereo
Chilliwack, B.C.