[TechAssist] Sony KV-27TS20 No Pincushion Correction

  • From: Randy Evans <tvsvc2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 15:03:56 -0700 (PDT)

This set has absolutely no Pincushion Correction.
The Pincushion Controls have no effect whatsoever.
I saw a Tip that said to check D518 & R587 but they
check good. I also checked L510 Horizontal Centering Coil
and I didn't see any sign of overheating.
I pulled the board for static testing
because I don't have the schematic.
The yoke was making a frying sound when I had
the set powered-up, but I'm not sure if that is related
to my problem or not?
If somebody has any notes for this problem on this set,
I would appreciate some advice. This thing is a 1989
model, so I guess I could expect just about anything
could be bad!

Thanks in advance!

Randy Evans
VCR SERVICE