[TechAssist] Sony KV27FS100L Massive lighting damage

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:29:21 +0000

Sony
KV27FS100L
BA6
MFD 2003

                We were given this set. Worst strike we've ever seen.Looking
at the main board it was black on the underside. The micro  Had 3 holes
blown in it, many of the other surface mount componets are blacked or
blasted beyond recontion. mutiple traces are burned or vaporized.  So does
anyone think it is worth saving for a CRT/case? (the wory would be  that the
CRT is either permantly magnitized or the Aprature gril/mask was damaged)

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio
tv