[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV25DXR (very intermittent no startup)

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:34:43 -0400

Bob, I don`t recognize that particular model # but I do remember those pain in
the ass
power supply cages, only thing I remember that caused your symptom was a cap in
the base of the horizontal driver circuit, if you turned on the set and left it
on for as long as an
hour or so all of a sudden the set would work perfectly and you couldn`t get it
to fail for
days, it was either a 47uf or 4.7uf electrolytic cap, I don`t remember the
voltage rating, check
your set for this cap, if it has one just replace it don`t check it, hope this
helps, Larry E
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428
www.tvjunkyard.com

Gemini Computer & TV wrote:

> I have an oldie Sony KV25DXR that has a very intermittent no startup
> condition. Whenever I have it open on the bench it loves to work great. When
> the "no startup" condition is present, I hear the relay click and I do get
> high voltage and the sleep led is lit, but it will have no raster and no
> audio. The +12, +5, and -5 volts supplies are on the money. I do not have a
> schematic. I have replaced C567 (22mfd/160v) and C1600 (330mfd/25v) on the
> "D" board. I also opened up the power supply cage and pulled out both boards
> and completely cleaned and resolder them up good. I really don't have much
> else to go on. L304, IC601, C548, and D2047 are good. Anyone out remember
> these heavy buggers and may know something about these I may be overlooking?
>
> Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
> Master Technician License #9109
> Service Manager / Parts Manager
> Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms