[TechAssist] Sony KV24FV10 Flyback Failures

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist Group" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:14:54 -0400

Make : Sony
Model : KV24FV10  Vega/Wega
Problem : Tries to start up but power supply just pulses steadily.  Light
blinks in groups of 2

Scoping the collector of the horizontal output shows a very distorted
horizontal pulse.

Driving the circuit with a Sencore HA2500  reveals the same distorted pulse
with a limiting current warning.

Pulled the flyback ....rings good.

Reinstalled and found if I lift the ABL pin things look better on the pulse.

No shorts on the ABL line that I can find.

Has anyone seen these flybacks fail like this on these newer sets?

part # on flyback is 8-598-850-00

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beech Tree Lane