[TechAssist] Sony KP53XBR35 PTV,picture has narrow sides

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:47:45 -0400

We thought customer was describing the common Sony PTV sides distortion
requiring
replacement of the two STK convergence IC's.When we got there it was
not. The sides were simply narrow.(4-6 inches approx.each side)Not
enough width.WE pulled the electronics box into the shop.(removes like
the RCA's)As technical help suggested we checked C510 (.015/1.4KV),C512
(3mfd/200v),C502,C522,C529 and grommet connection EY51.Just for the heck
of it, changed C522 and C569 both 33mfd/160V.All seemed OK with all
mentioned parts. I ESR'd all caps on converg. board. I measured the
+5,-5,+15,-15 volt reg IC outputs on converg. board. All right on.Now
here's the thing.We MAY have fixed the trouble.Seems like it's wider
that it was,tho we are observing it on a white 4X4 foot screen we
suspend at an angle from the ceiling.Not perfect conditions to confirm
width. I'm thinking we must haul the case in also.Is there anything
documented for this symptom I've overlooked? Desperate in Winter Haven
-Phil Bader
--
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)