[TechAssist] Sony KP-53XBR35 AP Chassis Pix too narrow

  • From: "Shannen's Electronics" <shannen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:03:36 -0500

        I went out on this sony projo a while back.  The customer complained of
convergence problem.  One of the fuses was open on the convergence module.
I replaced both fuses and both convergence IC's.  I did use quality IC's
from B&D.  Now my convergence is corrected but the picture is narrow on the
sides. The sides are not bowed it is just too narrow. I have noticed that
Q508 (Pin-Out) runs pretty hot.  Is this normal? I do not have the exact
schematic for this model but have one that is close (KP-53V15).  I have
checked the following components in the horizontal circuit:  C569, C502,
C522, C510, C512, R509, D507.  Is L501 the horizontal linearity coil a
suspect problem on this chassis?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
much.  Shannen

Shannen's Electronics
1619 N Taylor Ave.
Garden City, KS  67846