[TechAssist] Re: Sony Cam CCD-TR94 Drum motor problem

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 07:40:50 -0500

Roger,
Maybe there is a substance on the drum. You probably have
already checked for it, but in most cases like yours I have found
some kind of invisible substance on the drum. Sometimes it is
sugar/water-based and requires something like windex to clean.

Also check that the back-tension is not so high it bogs down the drum.
You checked the brakes, which could cause it.
If indeed the problem is low torque, then you are probably dealing
with the drum motor I.C. being bad, (if the drum spins freely).
Of course it could be a bad winding in the drum motor also.

Just some thoughts,
I've never worked on this model

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
Electronics Technology
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax    757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx 02/14/06 10:47 PM >>>
Sony CCD-TR94 Camcorder
Problem- When tape loads, contact with drum stops drum rotation.
Reel brakes seem ok so suspect bad caps in drum drive ckt.
Any advise or specifics appreciated
--
Roger G.

Mr. Fix-It     Harrisburg, PA 17110
WebSite-  http://mrfixit.netfirms.com
Alternate - rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx
FAX 510-740-3641; Tel: 717-540-0799 (shop)
This Email List is accessible to the general public through search
Set Vacation
Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login
Problems?".