[TechAssist] Re: Sony 32" 1997 model, flyback wrap?

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 06:38:50 -0500

I think a large manufacture's trainers (sounds like Mony) taught us to take
a 20 V supply and hook it to the offending grids and also to tap it in the
position Ron suggests....one or the other may clear the short......but
arcing intermittantly!?!?!
Dang! Nothing is absolute in your description of the problem.....If you had
a   20v removable short....it wouldn't intermittantly arc. If you had a
heater/cathode short.....it wouln't arc either...

But try both if you want to....ain't gonna kill the job, the new crt will
most likely.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815