[TechAssist] Re: Sharps 25MT57 Tuner Reception Issues

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:43:21 -0500

Did you adjust the RF AGC control?
-Clint

God Bless Us All
http://OrpheusComputing.com
Clint Hamilton, Owner
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tech-Assist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (alternates)
orpheuscomputing@xxxxxxxxx
pchardware@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(PLEASE include previous correspondence
if replying to this email!!)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 5:52 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Sharps 25MT57 Tuner Reception Issues

Make : Sharp
Model : 25MT57
Problem : Reception gets grainy/snowy with static interference,
comes &
goes.

Problem is NOT vibration sensitive , we have pulled the tuner &
inspected.
Clean & checked AGC control.

Per one tip we changed C604 0.22uf but no help.

My next step (Which I haven't done yet ) is to inject IF after
the tuner to
see if see cleans up......but wanted to get any other input
from the group.

Any common things come to mind on this gem?

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beechtree Lane
Westbrook,CT 06498