[TechAssist] Re: Sharp convection micro blues

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:38:48 -0500

Tom,

Almost has to be a faulty door switch, or alignment of the switches.
There are usually three switches.

One of the "musts" for microwave repair is a 15A circuit breaker with
clip leads to put across the fuse holder.  You can make one out of the
breaker from an old power strip.

I have seen cases where a shorted magnetron will take out a new diode.
With a fluke without external power supply, the diode should read
infinite ohms each way.  Add 9V in series and you can test with diode
check.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway