[TechAssist] Re: Sharp M# 25N-M100

  • From: "Webster's TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:27:16 -0500

John,

Thanks for the info, I got into the service menu as you discribed, and made
some changes. You mentioned S02 as being the video level, but it seemed that
S01 had more effect on the video than S02, I had to adjust S01 almost to
full range to get enough contrast to make picture presentable. Is this
normal or OK? Set seems to be working fine now, have let play most of the
morning to make sure everything stayed as is.  Now, the picture adjustment
in on-screen menu changes the contrast, and the low contrast picture is 100%
better. It's possible this could of been caused by a power surge, as we have
had alot of storms lately. I was gone last week on a fishing trip and wasn't
here when this call came in, so don't know if it was after a storm or not,
and the elderly lady that it belongs to never mentioned anything about it
going out after a storm. The service manual should be here in a day or two,
will check further when it arrives.

                                                ThanksAgain!

                                                Dan Webster
                                               Webster's TV