[TechAssist] Sharp 20ES50M Loses Video

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist Group" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:32:09 -0500

Make : Sharp
Model : 20ES50M
Problem : Video drops out after a few seconds. Scoping the cathodes reveals
the video level dropping very low.  Pressing volume up/down or channel
up/down or virtually anything that creates OSD or video change restores the
video then it drops down again.

Tips we have point to the Jungle IC as the cause ( IC201 X2163CE).

Tritronics shows this as a TA8825BN generic.   My suppliers show a TA8825N
not  BN  are these compatible?  Will this fix the set?

Anyone had this problem on this model before?

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beech Tree Lane
Westbrook, CT 06498